Our online Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Programs are run from our Melbourne (Australia) office. Peter King and Gareth Moloney run our online program with Peter delivering the content and Gareth interacting with the group through online chat and secure social media applications.
30 WEEK ONLINE DIALECTICAL BEHAVIOUR THERAPY (DBT) PROGRAM
When is this group run?
- Melbourne Time: Wednesdays 7.00pm to 8.15pm during Australian school terms
- Bangkok Time: Wednesdays 4.00pm to 5.15pm
- Perth & Singapore Time: Wednesdays 5.00pm to 6.15pm
- Auckland Time:Wednesdays 9.00pm to 10.15pm
- London Time: Tuesdays 10.00am to 11.15am
Order of modules. The Essentia program is an open group with modules run in the following order:
- Term 3, 2017:Distress Tolerance (2 weeks mindfulness at the start of the term commencing week of 17th July 2017)
- Term 4, 2017:Emotion Regulation (2 weeks mindfulness at the start of the term commencing week of 9th October 2017)
- Term 1, 2018:Interpersonal Effectiveness (2 weeks mindfulness at the start of the term commencing week of 15th January 2018)
Who is this group suitable for? This group is suitable for adults aged above 18 yrs who are experiencing difficulties managing relationships and life experiences. Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder, Emotion Regulation Difficulties or similar traits will find this group useful.
What skills are developed in this group? This group supports participants to analyse their behaviour/target problems individually and as a group, identify triggers and vulnerabilities, identify opportunities to manage more effectively and take active steps to change problematic patterns. Participants will be taught techniques such as problem solving and chain analysis to help them assess and address challenging issues in their lives. The group allows exploration of the skill modules of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. The group will be taught relevant techniques and practice in session to identify and build on skills that they currently have, manage their distress, interpersonal effectiveness and difficult life circumstances.
What is the intake process? New participants will need to attend an assessment approximately 2 weeks prior to starting a group to determine suitability and timing of intake. Known participants will need to discuss entry with their individual therapist. Participants can commence group at the mindfulness module (at the start of each term commencing February, April, June or October).
For new clients an intake session can be attended at Essentia Health in Melbourne or Sydney and if you are unable to attend in person then a Skype session may be made available.
Weekly Group Schedule
- Once you have registered for the group you will receive a weekly email with instructions and a video of a new DBT skills. All group members are expected to have watched the video before the group commences
- Just like a DBT group our schedule commences with a mindfulness exercise and then homework review
- Following homework review we briefly discuss the new skill (video you would have watched before the commencement of group) and then set homework for the week following.
- Weekly time commitment for group is 90 minutes for group, 30 minutes to watch videos of new skills and 15 minutes to complete your homework
What Evidence Based approaches are used in this group? This group is based on the Evidence Based Treatment Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT).
Fees for Adult Program
Unfortunately online sessions are not covered by medicare or health insurance at this stage.
- Full program (Individual Therapy, Group Program & Initial Assessment) $200 per week or $5,400 if paid up front
- Individual Therapy via Skype $160 per session ($130 with health care card)
- Group Therapy $60per session ($40 with health care card)
Expression your interest by completing a referral form (To start a module participants must complete an assessment of 3-4 sessions before commencing the or DBT program).